What is SSL Certificates?
Why SSL Certificates?
Enhance Your Web Security with SSL Certificates
How SSL Certificates Work?
Types of SSL Certificates Based on the Validation Level
The 3 types of SSL certificates provide the same level of encryption for each certificate, however, the differ between one another in terms of vetting and verification process required to obtain the certificate.
Domain Validated (DV)
This certificate indicates that a domain is registered and the applicant is running the URL.
- Fast validation process
- No verification document required
- Ideal for personal websites
- Basic security
Organization Validated (OV)
This certificate indicates that the applicant owns the domain while also verifying that it is an actual organization operating in a particular country, state, and city.
- Validation process require additional info to prove that the organization is legitimate
- Business authentication required
- Organization name displayed in the certificate
- Ideal for business websites
- Enhanced security
Extended Validated (EV)
This certificate indicates that the right of the applicant to use specific domain name plus thorough vetting of the organization.
- Validation process includes verifying: the legal, physical and operational existence of the applicant; the identity of applicant matches the official records; the applicant has exclusive rights to use the domain specified in the EV SSL certificate; and the entity has properly authorized the issuance of EV SSL certificate.
- Complete business authentication document required
- Organization name displayed in browser
- Ideal for e-commerce, financial institutions, etc.
- Best security